Tom Carson Library Scholarship
Students interested in the 2014-15 award should apply by March 20, 2014.
In 2010, Tom Carson and his family donated $100,000 to endow the Tom Carson Library Scholarship through the Tom J. and Edna Mae Carson Foundation.
This donation will be matched dollar-for-dollar by the Pickens Legacy Scholarship Match, bringing the total impact to $200,000 in endowed funds.
Carson is a 1942 accounting graduate, president of Carson Loan and Investment Company and chairman emeritus of Bank of Commerce in Stilwell, Okla. His sons, Jim and Drew, each have two degrees from OSU.
Carson said he gives because he knows others made it possible for him to attend then-Oklahoma A&M College. Since then his family has focused on “taking the baton and moving it forward so that others may also improve their lives. It is then up to them to pay forward for those to follow.”
This scholarship endowment will support student workers at the Edmon Low Library regardless of their area of study. Carson said he chose to direct the funds that way because of how much time he spent in the library during his time in Stillwater.
- Must be library student assistants working on an undergraduate degree (no restrictions on discipline)
- Must have the support of their library supervisor
- 2.5 GPA but a 3:0 or higher is preferred
- Part-time or full time student
Past Recipients include
- Tiana Billy
- Amanda McCrossen-SCUA
- Brittany McAnelly
- Kiara Ealy-Stack Management
- Baby McNeary – MMR
- Rachel Wallace – Stack Management
- Ashley Sarchet- Oral History
- Steve Nelson – Cataloging
- Jessica Lowe-CML
- Josh Coulson-Stack Management