Dean's Excellence Award for Student Assistants
Each spring, every unit/department of the OSU Library is invited to nominate one or more students for the Dean's Excellence Award. Award winners have consistently demonstrated meritorious performance.
The number of awards available for each unit will be announced by the Dean in February. A unit may select fewer students for the award than allotment if the department does not have enough qualifying students
In addition to a certificate, they will receive a cash award of $125 through regular payroll channels from the Friends of the OSU Library and will be recognized at the Spring ELLSA meeting.
- The student must have worked at the Library at least two complete semesters, summer semester not included.
- Selector must provide two specific examples of meritorious work/tasks done by the individual selected for the award.
- Individuals selected will be submitted to the department head and, in turn, to the appropriate associate dean for approval.
- Individuals selected for the Dean's Excellence Award will comprise the pool for the Dr. James B. and Verena J. Wise Outstanding Student Assistant Award.
- If a student assistant selected for the Dean's Award leaves the employment of the Library prior to the ELLSA Awards program, he/she will not receive the Dean's Excellence Award and will not be eligible for the Wise Award.
- Huik Wunn "Catherine" See Outstanding Student Shelver Award will be incorporated in the Dean's Excellence Student Assistant Award.
- Materials submitted for Dean's Excellence Awards for Student Assistants will be used for selection of Wise award winners.
Past Award Winners include:
- Reagan Barrera ILS
- Anna Davis SCUA
- Kristen Davis Pickens Project
- Christopher DeGeorge Bindery
- Sarah Fry Vet Med Library
- Coty Reis Gov. Docs
- Brian Smith Deanís Office
- Sara Stafford Map Room
- Caitlyn Hope Morgan Pickens Archival Team
- Caramie Engle Architecture Library
- Caleb Goodman Interlibrary Services
- Cameron Pearce Circulation
- Chamonix Morejon Bindery
- Brooke Bulling Interlibrary Services
- Christopher Kwake MMR
- Cherish Scott MMR
- Lydia Meador Government Documents
- Kelsey Sievers SCUA
- Taylor Gelsinger Access Services
- Stormy Crabtree SCUA
- Rachel Pittman Vet Med
- Allyson Caldwell Veterinary Medicine
- Brittnee Cooks CML
- Anna Davis SCUA
- Sean Hails Stack Maintenance
- Courtney Kroutter MMR
- Tyler Merriman Dean’s Office
- Javed Nayjar Patel Circulation
- Nathan Rickner Security
- Amy Storts Government Documents
- Paige Veazey Circulation