Renewal of Library Materials
Library books may be renewed, providing they are not recalled, "lost", or reserve items. After your renewal request has been processed, you will be notified by mail of the new due date.
Be sure to keep this notice! It is your assurance that the books are renewed. If you do not receive a confirmation in the mail within one week, please contact us at 405-744-7117.
There are four methods of renewing library books:
- To Renew Books In Person: Bring books you wish to renew to the Circulation Desk. You must present a valid OSU I.D. or courtesy card with picture I.D. You may only renew books which are checked out in your name.
- To Renew Books via the Web: Visit the OSU Online Catalog.
- To Renew Books By Electronic Mail: Send an email message to email@example.com, including the barcodes for all books to be renewed.
- To Renew Books By Telephone: The renewal telephone number is 405-744-9741.
You can also renew books by list:
- Bring a list of books you wish to renew to the Circulation Desk.
- Fax a list of books you wish to renew to: 405-744-5183 (attention: Circulation Desk)
- Mail a list of the books you wish to renew to:
Edmon Low Library
Oklahoma State University
Stillwater, OK 74078-1071
The following guidelines apply to each style of list:
- Prepare a new list each time you want books renewed. Print or type your name and OSU ID number on an 8.5" x 11" paper.
- List barcode numbers for each book you want to renew. Barcodes are usually located on the book's back cover.
- Books will not be renewed if information on the list is illegible, if there is a recall on the book, if the book is not checked out in your name, or if you are ineligible to borrow OSU books.
For more information about renewing library materials, please contact the OSU Library Circulation Department at 405-744-9741 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.