- In PubMed, be sure to display your selected search results/references in MEDLINE format. (Note: the default format is "summary.") Also adjust the Show drop-down to accommodate the number of items in your search results.
- Once the items are displayed in MEDLINE format, select File from the "Send to" drop-down menu. This opens a "File Download" menu. Save results as a text (*.txt) file.
- Open EndNote and then open your library file.
- From File menu item, select Import…
- In the Import dialog box, the first step will be to "Import Data File." Using the Choose File… button, select the text file you saved from PubMed.
- The second step is to select an "Import Option." For PubMed select Other Filters… From the filters list, select the PubMed (NLM) filter and click on the Choose button.
- After you have set the "Duplicates" and "Text Translation" fields to your desired settings, click the Import button.
If the import is not working (i.e. importing only one citation) you may need to update your PubMed filter to the most recent filter. To do so go to http://www.endnote.com/enpmalert.asp and click on the appropriate update for the PubMed filter or contact the Digital Library Services office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 405-744-9161 for assistance.
For assistance with EndNote and/or Reference Manager, please contact Digital Library Services at email@example.com, 405-744-9161 or toll free outside Stillwater 877-744-9161.
Return to EndNote Support Return to Bibliographic Management Home
Hours Anywhere Library Access EZProxy Renew Online Search This Site OSU Home Comments