Cobb Speaker Series Sponsor
This donor opportunity was funded in 2005.
In 1994, H.E. "Ed" Cobb and his three children established an endowment to fund a speaker for the Friends of the OSU Library banquet. Beginning in 1995, the event was named after Cobb's late wife. After Mr. Cobb passed away in 1999, his children chose to honor both parents by renaming the event the H. Louise and H.E. "Ed" Cobb Speaker Series.
Since 1991, this event has served as an annual fundraiser for the Friends of the OSU Library. The Cobb Endowment covers the honorarium for the event’s speaker. The continued support of the Cobb family has made this event a yearly success, allowing us to host such noted authors as Kurt Vonnegut, Doris Kerns Goodwin, Ken Burns and others.
Although the speaker fee is covered by the endowment, hosting an event of this size involves other expenses. These additional costs reduce proceeds. Expenses include printing and postage, decorations, catering, stage setup, and speaker travel.
A gift of $10,000 will sponsor the 2008 H. Louise & H.E. "Ed" Cobb Speaker Series. By underwriting the associated costs of the event, a larger portion of the ticket proceeds can directly benefit the Friends.
The event sponsor will be recognized as follows:
- Name & logo on invitations, posters, flyers, and any other advertisements (due to printing schedules this benefit can only be extended to a sponsor who commits by June 30)
- Name & logo in promotional exhibits housed in the Edmon Low Library
- Name & logo on event signage
- Name & logo in the evening’s printed program
- Special thanks during the event by the evening’s MC
- Name & logo on Friends website (the speaker series’ website was visited more than 5,000 times by more than 2,000 unique visitors in the six months prior to last year’s event)
- 200 bookplates with sponsor’s name will be placed in newly acquired books. Information will also be linked in the online record for the item available through the OSU Library Catalog
- Table for ten at the dinner, admission for ten to a private VIP reception, priority seating at the lecture, and admission to the booksigning
- 4 copies of the author's work
For more information on giving to the Library contact the Tylerr Ropp, Senior Director of Development, at tropp@OSUgiving.com or 405-385-5664.