Rules of Conduct
The Edmon Low Library is a place
for quiet research, consultation and study. Appropriate conduct is expected
from all who use the facilities.
Your cooperation is appreciated.
The Library is not responsible for personal belongings left unattended.
- Breaking any local, state, or federal law.
- Being noisy or unruly.
- Placing feet on chairs, tables, or walls.
- Not wearing appropriate clothing, ie shoes or shirt.
- Bringing pets into the Library, unless taking shelter during a tornado warning. Assistance dogs are an exception.
- Carrying deadly weapons in the Library unless authorized by law.
- Using tobacco in any form; tobacco use is prohibited by University policy.
- Hiding Library material.
- Removing or attempting to remove Library material without checking it out.
- Damaging Library material or property (removing pages, security strips, or barcodes; marking in books, journals, etc.)
- Using skateboards or in-line skates.
- Refusing to leave when the Library is closing.
Photographs & Videotaping
- While the OSU Library welcomes reporters, photographers and students working on class assignments, please ask library users' permission before taking their photo.
- For more information contact Bonnie Cain at (405) 744-7331 or email@example.com.
- Do not leave children unattended.
- Children under 13 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Parents are cautioned that some Library resources are not appropriate for minor children. If parents do not want children to read or view certain material, it is the parents' responsibility to monitor their children.
- Library public internet computers are not filtered. Minors (under 18) accessing sexually explicit materials will be required to stop using the computers. Individuals may be required to provide proof of age.
- If a child is noisy or unruly, both the child and accompanying adult will be asked to leave.
- Small study groups may use the Library in designated areas if the group does so in a non-disruptive manner.
- Larger groups are encouraged to meet elsewhere.
- Reservations for the Study Rooms on the 1st and 2nd floors are made at the Circulation Desk on the 1st floor. Guidelines for using the rooms are posted by the doors.
- When entering the building, please set phones to a silent mode and limit conversations
to the lobbies and reference areas.
Viewing Sexually Explicit Material
- The Library does not seek to censure what adults view on public computers. However, if a complaint is received regarding the material being viewed, we will investigate the situation.
- During situations such as these, Library staff may determine that the University Sexual Harassment Policy requires you to cease viewing such material.
- Under Oklahoma Law, it is illegal to view child pornography. Any observed instances of users viewing child pornography will be reported to the OSU Police Department.
- Users violating Library conduct policies will be informed of the rules and asked to comply.
- Library users who refuse to comply will be asked to leave the building.
- Failure to leave upon request will result in a call to the OSU Police Dept. to remove the Library user.