New Resources-Humanities and Social Sciences
- Early American Imprints, Series I: Evans 1639-1800 is the definitive resource for researching every aspect of 17th- and 18th-century America. This digital collection contains virtually every book, pamphlet and broadside published in America over a 160-year period. It includes more than 36,000 printed works and 2.3 million pages.
- Early American Imprints, Series II: Shaw-Shoemaker 1801-1819 provides a comprehensive set of American books, pamphlets and broadsides published in the early part of the 19th century. It is based on the noted "American Bibliography, 1801-1819" by Ralph R. Shaw and Richard H. Shoemaker and contains more than 4 million pages from 36,000+ items.
New Resources-Science & Engineering
- Springer Images spans the scientific, technical and medical fields. It currently holds more than 3.4 million images and adds approximately 500,000 per year. OSU researchers can access photos, graphs, histograms, figures, tables and videos with links to the source article by searching captions, keywords, context and more. Users can create personalized image “sets” and can export images with captions and citations for use in presentations or lectures.
- Springer Protocols is the largest subscription database of reproducible laboratory protocols in the life and biomedical sciences. It comprises more than 30,000 protocols spanning 30 years.With an emphasis on both comprehensiveness and ease of use, each protocol is organized in a recipe style and offers helpful tricks of the trade in a “notes” section. Researchers may also save protocols for future use and set up alerts for new updates in methodologies.
- OnePetro is the key online index of technical literature for the oil and gas exploration and production industry. It contains more than 145,000 technical documents produced by 18 scientific societies and associations, including the Society of Petroleum Engineers. OnePetro contains subject matter from other fields which have a direct bearing on the oil and gas industry, such as tunneling for building roads and corrosion issues in numerous industries.
- Transportation Research Board Full Collection includes all regular serial publications of print TRB. Annually, TRB produces approximately 200 serial publications including the TRR Journal; TR News; Special Reports; Conference Proceedings; Transportation Research Circulars; National Cooperative Highway Research Program, Transit Cooperative Research Program Reports, Airport Cooperative Research Program Reports, National Cooperative Freight Research Program, Hazardous Material Cooperative Research Program, Research Results Digests, Legal Research Digests, and Syntheses; Commercial Truck and Bus Safety Synthesis Program Syntheses and Research Results Digests; and SHRP 2 Reports.
Library Subscriptions Hard at Work
During the 2011-12 academic year, OSU users viewed and/or downloaded nearly 2.5 million articles from journals, magazines, and newspapers to which the OSU Library subscribes.
CELEBRATING BOOKS BY OSU AUTHORS
ONE BOOK, ONE COMMUNITY KICKOFF