as of January 7, 2010
For Immediate Release
Service Point Relocation
- The Reference Desk has been relocated to the northeast corner of the first floor. Librarians and Library Graduate Assistants are stationed here to answer questions and help with library research.
- The Circulation Desk has been relocate to Room 105 (directly east of the original location). Check out laptops, books and course reserves here.
- There is no first floor access through the center elevator or stairwell.
Thanks to a private donation from Susan and Steve Raybourn, the Reference and Circulation Desk area of the first floor will receive a major renovation during the fall 2009 semester. Work is expected to continue throughout the fall semester.
After the remodel, the two areas will be combined in a wraparound desk with reference service at one end and circulation check out at the other. The new service desk will open up the first floor and increase the visibility of staff who are there to help.
This project is part of an ongoing effort to transform the library's first floor. The primary goal is to consolidate services and offer students quick access to the resources they use most often: computers, study rooms and help from librarians.
View photos of the renovation progress on our Facebook page.
- The Reading Room will close at the end of January and remain closed throughout the semester. Throughout the first few weeks of the semester, 75% of the tables and 100% of the chairs from the Reading Room will be relocated to other areas of the library.
- The Peggy V. Helmerich Browsing Room will remain open during the evening hours to provide additional seating area while the Reading Room is closed.
Thanks to a private donation from an anonymous donor the Reading Room will receive a major renovation. The lighting and electrical capacity of the room will be upgraded, the woodwork will be refinished, and there will be new carpet, paint and furniture
Last Updated: 7 January 2010