and Trademark Resource Center at
Oklahoma State University is a partner with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to support the intellectual property needs of the public.
The OSU PTRC assists with preliminary patent and trademark research by appointment at no charge.
Services Location and directions
Contact a patent attorney for a complete patent search and for legal advice
Complete the IP Assessment Tool at USPTO
For more information on Patents:
See General Information Concerning Patents. Contact the Inventors Assistance Center or see Inventor Resources at the USPTO. See also:
· How to Conduct a Preliminary U.S. Patent Search: A Step by Step Strategy
· From Concept to Protection
· Process for Obtaining a Utility Patent
· Patents Online: Basics for Researchers
For more information on Trademarks:
See Basic Facts About Trademarks. See the Trademark Information Network for help with filing. Contact the Trademark Assistance Center at the USPTO for assistance.
· Contact the Business Knowledge Specialists at the Research Wizard in Tulsa for comprehensive trademark research.
For Business Assistance:
Contact a Small Business Development Center or a Technology Center for questions about starting or expanding a small business in Oklahoma. The Center for Business Development is in Stillwater. See also the Oklahoma Manufacturing Alliance or SBA.gov
· See the programs of SCORE, Grow Oklahoma/Starting a Business, OKStartup.com, and the Love's Entrepreneurship Center at OCU.
· Contact REI Oklahoma for assistance with capital to help start and expand a business, etc. See the REI Native American and Women's Business Centers.
· Contact the Oklahoma Center for the Advancement of Science and Technology and i2E for assistance with technical projects.
· Contact the Oklahoma Bid Assistance Network to find business opportunities, etc.
· Contact the Business Knowledge Specialists at the Research Wizard in Tulsa for market research, industry analysis, etc.
· Contact the Food & Agricultural Products Center at OSU for information on food products
· Inventor's Resources at USPTO
· Guide to Provisional Patent Applications
· Patent Term Calculator
· IP Awareness Assessment
· Invention Development and Marketing Scams
· United Inventors Association