Staff Employment Opportunities
Interested individuals will submit their application online. Go to OSU Human Resources, http://www.okstate.edu/osu_per/empopport.htm and
click on "Online Job Listings/Application".
Senior Computer Specialist
$49,320.00 - $59,280/yr. (Contingent upon available funding)
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday through Friday
The OSU Library seeks a highly motivated professional to oversee planning, management, and operation of all aspects of Library Systems. The Systems Department consists of a team of professional and para-professional staff members, and student assistants, who provide desktop support and support a wide variety of applications and servers. Their support extends to the three branch campus libraries and several Oklahoma A&M Libraries across the state.
Reporting to the Associate Dean for Library Operations, the successful candidate will:
- Provide a reliable, accurate, responsive, efficient, safe and secure information systems platform for library service delivery.
- He/she will manage data and network operations including staff and public computing, servers and storage systems, and application software and telecommunications.
- Create an environment that promotes excellent customer service. Ensure that departmental staff respond in a positive, efficient, and timely manner to calls for help, troubleshoot and solve hardware and software problems, monitor overall system performance, and implement improvements.
- Serve on the Library Leadership Committee to participate in long-range planning, develop technology plans, and communicate departmental needs, projects, plans, etc.
- Provide direct and indirect supervision for full-time and part-time employees assigned to the department. Assess workflows and reporting relationships to maximize productivity and output. Provide leadership and oversight for all projects and project development. Foster efforts supporting innovative technology and creativity.
- Administer the Library’s equipment, software, and maintenance budget (currently $400,000). Develop strategies for long and short term spending goals and replacement and upgrade schedules.
- Works closely with and with OSU campus Information Technology, coordinating services and systems within the OSU Library.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For maximum consideration, deadline for receipt of application material is February 11, 2015. However, the position will remain open until filled.
Background check type:
Criminal History Records Check
To apply, search Requisition/Listing Number 11487 at jobs.okstate.edu
• Bachelor’s degree plus ten year’s related experience or master’s degree and eight year’s related experience.
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
For a full job description and to apply for this listing go to https://jobs.okstate.edu, listing number 11487