Student Employment Opportunities
The following student employment opportunities are currently available in the OSU Library.
The Veterinary Medicine branch of the OSU Libraries has an opening for a student assistant to work 8-12 hours per week.
- Must be able to work some mornings, afternoons, evenings, and weekends.
Special Skills and Abilities:
- Must be self-motivated and detail-oriented with the ability to conceptualize, draw conclusions, and make decisions based on information provided.
- Must be able to work with and communicate effectively with the public in person and via telephone.
- Must have good organizational and reading skills.
- Must be able to push a book cart weight up to 50 lbs. and lift up to 25 lbs.
- General computer literacy, working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- HTML experience
- Library experience
- Work at reference and circulation desk
- Assist patrons to identify and locate materials
- Shelve books and audiovisual materials
- Process Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery requests
- Complete special projects as assigned
MUST BE ENROLLED AT LEAST PART-TIME (6 HOURS UNDERGRADUATE/ 4 HOURS GRADUATE). GRADUATE STUDENTS ENROLLED IN THESIS HOURS WILL ALSO BE CONSIDERED.
Applications will be accepted Tuesday, November 26, 2013, through Friday, December 6, 2013, (at noon).
For additional information, please contact the Dean's Office at 744-6322.