Student Employment Opportunities
The following student employment opportunities are currently available in the OSU Library.
Please Indicate which job you are applying for in your application
OKLAHOMA STATE UNIVERSITY
EDMON LOW LIBRARY
STUDENT ASSISTANT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
July 1, 2015
The Edmon Low Library has an opening for a Student Assistant II to work approximately 10 hours per week. Hours will be scheduled between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Some scheduling flexibility may be possible after training is complete.
- • Minimum typing/keyboarding speed of 35 words per minute with emphasis on accuracy over speed.
- • Ability to work at a computer for extended periods. (usually 1-2 hours at a time)
- • Willingness to learn new skills and adapt to changes in workflow and procedure.
- • Self-motivation and ability to collaborate on projects.
Special Skills and Abilities:
- • Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- • Knowledge of other software and programming languages (VBA, html and xml)
- • Attention to detail, particularly in regards to grammar and formatting
- • Assist with creation of metadata records for a variety of digital materials.
- • Collaborate with staff on database and metadata clean-up and maintenance.
- • Report and document problems encountered while editing and the solution for each.
- • Complete special projects as assigned.
Starting pay rate: $8.75-9.75/hr
- • It is recommended that you bring your Social Security Card, OSU ID, State ID or Driver’s License, class schedule and calendar if chosen for an in person interview.
- • For work study it is also helpful to provide a copy of your award letter.