SciFinder Scholar "How to..." Guides
SciFinder Scholar, an online version of the print Chemical Abstracts back to 1967, is a database available to faculty, staff, and students at OSU. The database provides a quick way to get answers about authors, chemical substances, and patent information and indexes over 8,000 journals. The database was designed to be easy to use and this page will help you get started.
Unlike other databases available through the Library's homepage, the SciFinder Scholar software must be downloaded to the user's computer, either PC or Macintosh, before the database may be accessed. To find out more about downloading the software, please go to the following address: http://www.library.okstate.edu/sed/scifinder/.
Click on the "User Agreement" hyperlink and CAREFULLY read the conditions under which SciFinder Scholar may be used.
SciFinder Scholar Guides
NOTE: All of these guides are MS Word documents.
- How to... Locate Specific References
- How to... Explore by Author Name
- How to... Explore by Company Name / Organization
- How to... Explore by Exact Structure
- How to... Explore by Molecular Formula
- How to... Explore by Reaction
- How to... Explore by Research Topic
- How to... Locate by Substance Identifier
SciFinder Scholar Key Contact
For questions regarding the SciFinder Scholar database please contact:
Oklahoma State University
Edmon Low Library Room 306