Print this page in PDF
The Oklahoma State University Libraries are committed to providing access to materials and services to all members of the OSU community. Listed here are the provisions the Library has made for helping persons with disabilities. If you have specific needs which the Library is not meeting, please contact Roy Degler at 405-744-6541.
Edmon Low Library
Located northwest of the Student Union in the center of campus.
- Reserved parking spaces are located in a number of parking lots around campus.
- Wheelchair access is at the north doors where power-assisted doors are available.
Rest Rooms and Public Telephones
- Wheelchair-accessible rest rooms are on the 1st floor (east for women and west for men).
- Courtesy phones are across from the Laptop Desk (1st floor center). If you need TDD services, ask at the Circulation Desk.
Retrieving Library Materials and Photocopy Assistance
- If you are unable to retrieve library materials from the shelves or if you need assistance using the photocopy machines, ask for help at the Information Desks (1st and 5th floors) or at Circulation (1st floor center).
- For long lists of materials, retrieval of all items may take up to 24 hours. We will retrieve top priority items first.
- A wheelchair-accessible photocopier is on the 1st floor near the Circulation Desk.
Public Conference Rooms
- There are nine study rooms in the library that are available by appointment: the Bost and Cobb rooms on the 2nd floor, and the seven study rooms on the north and east areas of the 1st floor. Contact the Circulation Desk (1st floor) 405-744-6812 to schedule rooms.
Library's Online Catalog Access
- Wheelchair-accessible internet workstations are available on the 1st floor.
- For Students Only: Laptops, loaded with the same software used in campus computer labs, are available for five-hour checkout periods at the Laptop Desk (1st floor).
- If you need help with keyboarding or reading the computer screen, ask for assistance at the Information Desks on 1st and 5th floors.
ADA Computer Access
- Equipment is provided on the 1st floor, Room 105 so that users with special needs may fully utilize library computers.
- This "ADA Computer Access Equipment" includes a computer on an adjustable table with various keyboards, pointing equipment, printers, scanners and a CCTV.
- Software installed includes a web browser, Dragon NaturallySpeaking, EasyReader, JAWS, MAGic, OPENBook and ReadWrite Gold.
John Rex Cunningham Architecture Library
William E. Brock Memorial Library in the College of Veterinary Medicine
Mary L. Williams Curriculum Materials Library
Other Services on Campus
- Student Disability Services (315 Student
Union) 405-744-7116, offers access to speech synthesis devices for computer and print information, enlarged
text readers for computer and print materials, equipment loan (e.g. TDD, tape recorders), access to assistive technology (JAWS, WYNN, ZoomText, Dragon Naturally Speaking), and provides classroom/academic accommodations.
- The Office of ADA Compliance provides assistance
to ensure that OSU-sponsored programs and activities are accessible to eligible individuals with disabilities as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and that they provide reasonable accommodations to such individuals. The Director of ADA Compliance helps facilitate employment accommodations, coordinates overall access improvements, develops educational workshops, and is available to help resolve any disability-related complaint confidentially. Services are provided upon request by calling 405-744-7127 or visiting the office at 315 Student Union.
- For other computer labs on campus that have assistive technology, contact OSU's Student Disability Services 405-744-7116.
Hours Anywhere Library Access EZProxy Renew Online Search This Site
OSU Home Comments