There are multiple types of public computers in the Edmon Low Library (Main Library) building. The following descriptions will aid you in determining which type of public computer will best meet your needs when visiting the Library. Free printing is available from all computers.
Public Computer Stations
- Complete workstations, including MicroSoft® Office, access to OSU personal H: drives, and Internet access. These are found on First and Fifth Floors.
- Limited Internet access to Library Internet-delivered databases and public catalog only. These are found on First Floor.
- OSU public catalog only. These are found on Basement, Third, and Fourth Floors next to the central elevator.
- Adaptive technology stations are found on First Floor for those requiring the assistance of a screen reader or other adaptive technologies.
The OSU Library has more than 160 laptops for student use. These laptops are equipped with the same software as Student Tech Fee computer labs, e.g. word processing, Microsoft PowerPoint®, and access to personal H: drive. Special Bluetooth, infrared, and USB printers are available on each floor of the Library. More information about the laptops may be found at www.library.okstate.edu/access/laptops.
In addition, there are several laptops available for checkout by OSU-Stillwater faculty and staff.
Non-Internet Database Public Computer Stations
CD-ROM indexes are only accessible from stand-alone stations located near the General Reference Desk on the First Floor and Government Documents Reference Desk on Fifth Floor. None of these stations provide access to the internet, word processing, Microsoft PowerPoint®, or student's personal H: drive.
Branch Libraries-Public Computer Stations
Each of the individual branch libraries has slightly different public computer stations available for use. Please contact individual branches for more information:
- Curriculum Materials Library
Located in the basement of Willard Hall, the CML has public Internet stations along the north,
west and south walls. There is one wheelchair height workstation.
- Architecture Library
Located in 160 Architecture, the Architecture Library has 4 public
Internet stations with access to the AIA Architecture Index and Sweet's
Catalog for Architects and Engineers on CD.
- William E. Brock Memorial Library at the OSU Center for Veterinary Health Sciences
Located in 102 McElroy Hall, the William E. Brock Memorial Library has 6 public workstations, an assistive technology computer station, 2 OSU Library Catalog Only terminals (1 in east stacks room and 1 in west stacks room), and a Veterinary Medicine
Computer Reference terminal which provides access to CD and online resources whose licensing restrict usage to a single user. The Library also has wireless internet access for current OSU Faculty, Staff, and Students who provide their own equipment. There is one laptop that may be checked out by current OSU faculty, staff, and students.
For additional information visit www.library.okstate.edu/vetmed/services/pubcomp.htm.
Return to Services...
Hours Anywhere Library Access EZProxy Renew Online Search This Site
OSU Home Comments