Part-Time Job Application Process
The Library requires students to apply through our website. The Dean's Office staff can assist you with any problem you may encounter. Applications are kept as long as the class schedule is current. If you have an application on file, send your name, ID number and job numbers to email@example.com
- Select "Library Jobs" heading in the top navigation.
- If positions are available, these will be listed from "Student Positions." Please note, this is only a link when there is a position available.
- If you'd like to apply for one or more positions, note the job number and follow the "application" link in the job description.
- If you've never applied for a job at the Library before, you may want to review the Frequently Asked Questions.
- When you're ready to begin, go to "Apply Online."
- Click on the "Application" link.
- Use the tab key to move to the next information blank.
- Fill out the form as completely as possible. You must include date, job number, first and last name, email address, OSU ID number, local phone number and class schedule to be considered.
- Click "Send", and verify your information.
- You will be sent an email confirmation when your application is received.
Contact for More Information
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have to fill out an application for each job I apply for?
No, fill out one application and in the box labeled "Job #," put all the job numbers that interest you.
- I filled out an application a few weeks ago, do I need to fill out another?
No, if your application has a current class schedule, just email your name and the job number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do I have to fill out the whole thing?
The more information you can provide, the better your application will look to the hiring official. You can leave some of the application blank if you wish, but you will not be considered if you do not provide: date, job number, first and last name, student ID number, phone number (or email address if you have no phone), or class schedule (if you have no classes or only thesis hours, please note that).
- I don't have a phone/answering machine, what do I do?
Give information on the best way to contact you. Home phone, cell phone and email are all acceptable.
- Can I change my application once it has been submited?
You can have a filed application rerouted to another job number, however you can not change any information on that application. If changes are needed, fill out a new application. The application with the most recent date will be kept on file.
- How long do you keep my application?
Applications are kept on file as long as the class schedule is current.