Student Employment Opportunities
The following student employment opportunities are currently available in the OSU Library.
Please Indicate which job you are applying for in your application
OKLAHOMA STATE UNIVERSITY
EDMON LOW LIBRARY
STUDENT ASSISTANT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
June 10, 2015
An *off-campus branch* of the OSU Library has an opening for a Student Assistant to work approximately 15-20 hours per week.
Must be able to work Monday, Wednesday and Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (Schedule negotiable).
- Pulling and scanning documents
- Using software to manipulate scanned images
- Document editing
- Reshelving and organizing materials
- Pulling materials to be transferred to branch libraries.
Special Skills & Abilities:
Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
- Safely pull materials such as books and journals from elevated shelves using a ladder
- Lift 10 – 20lbs (often repeatedly)
- Push loaded carts up to 50lbs
- Bend, stoop, and squat (often repeatedly)
- Tolerate mild dust
- Assistant must be able to transport him/herself to and from Annex, since it is off campus.
MUST BE ENROLLED AT LEAST PART TIME (6 HOURS UNDERGRAD, 3 HOURS GRADUATE) STUDENTS WITH THESIS HOURS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Applications will be accepted June 10, 2015 until filled. For additional information, please contact the Dean's Office at 744-9725.
June 12, 2015
Library Auxiliary - Student Assistant I
The Library Auxiliary (off-campus) has an opening for a student assistant to work 15-20 hours per week.
- Hours will be scheduled between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Those applying for this position will need to commit time at least three to four days out of the week to keep up with demand in moving materials
Special Skills and Abilities:
- This will be a physically demanding position for students requiring repetitive movement and at times, heavy lifting.
- Students should also be aware of allergens that may come from dust on books and shelving.
- Student applicants must be motivated, physically capable and independently reliable to be successful in this position.
- Assist in loading and unloading carts from the moving truck.
- Vacuuming books delivered from the main library.
- Sorting books by size to fill storage trays.
- Assembling cardboard storage trays.
- Simple cleaning duties in the storage bay.
- Assist in labeling shelving in the storage bay.
MUST BE ENROLLED AT LEAST PART-TIME (6 HOURS UNDERGRADUATE/ 4 HOURS GRADUATE). GRADUATE STUDENTS ENROLLED IN THESIS HOURS WILL ALSO BE CONSIDERED.
Applications will be accepted, June 12, 2015, until filled. For additional information, please contact the Dean’s Office at 744-9725.